Thursday, May 22, 2008

What's cooking? Minestrone with Pesto Soup

I like soup. It doesn't have to be 30 degrees outside for me to enjoy a good bowl of hot, delicious soup. So, that is what's cooking today. My choice this week is Minestrone with Pesto. If you're not a pesto lover or have nut allergies, then skip the pesto and just make Minestrone Soup. The recipe is relatively easy. I don't like to chop and there is chopping involved. It is not much, but I did have to pull out my Cuisinart for the carrots because I didn't have the patience to chop baby carrots. I usually make this recipe by myself, but my oldest wanted to help. I was hesitant because as I said, there was chopping involved and all I could imagine was a little hand with three fingers and a thumb resulting from an accident; too much worry.
He kept telling me how careful he would be, so I found a dinner knife, started the cutting, and let him finish the rest. I am so glad I did because it was nice to have the zucchini chopped and ready to use without having to do the work myself. I also enjoyed watching him work. A job well done!

Minestrone with Pesto Soup is "What's cooking" this week.
This soup is a winner with everyone in our family. All of my children love the soup and my one year old just can't get enough. He eats at least three full cups of it. You can see the joy it brings to him. He wanted more, but I had to cut him off!

Quick Tip: The Minestrone with Pesto Soup freezes well, so I double the recipe every time I make it. Drop in visitors will be in for a treat when you serve it.

recipe: E-mail me for Minestrone with Pesto.



post signature

No comments: